In this NEW Dansville Days Section, we would like to share favorite recipes!! If you would like your recipefeatured in future editions, please email the recipe to: email@example.com! This month’s recipe comes from Mel’s Catering. Find them on Facebook for your next event! Thanks Mel and Beth!
Easy Chicken Pasta Salad
Makes a medium size bowl
1 Clove Garlic, minced
Sea salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 or 2 pieces of Chicken cut into small pieces (add more if you like a lot of chicken)
1 cup Green pepper
1 Bag of frozen mixed vegetables
½ cup Onion
15 oz. can Black beans, rinsed and drained
4 pinches Summer savory spice
1 bottle Italian dressing
1 box Pasta
- Heat frying pan with a tiny drizzle of olive oil. Add Sea salt , pepper, and minced garlic then add the chicken. Cook chicken until done or brown. Set aside
- Boil water and add pasta. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Dice onion and pepper
- Rinse and drain black beans
- Put frozen vegetables in a clean drainer, pour cooked pasta and water over vegetables
- Put all ingredients into bowl except chicken and cheese. Mix together.
- Add a small handful of cheese. I use shredded Mozzarella or any shredded cheese I have on hand.
- Add chicken. Pour ¾ of bottle Italian dressing and mix. You will probably have to add some more after chilled so save a little.
- Chill for 4 to 5 hours before serving.